PhD in biotechnical sciences (agronomical sciences – fruit breeding and genetics). University of Belgrade – Faculty of Biology, 2009.
MSc in biotechnical sciences (agronomical sciences – fruit breeding and genetics). University of Belgrade – Faculty of Agriculture, 2002.
BSc in biochemistry, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Chemistry, 1994.
Fruit breeding and genetics.
Application of molecular methods (PCR, RFLP, identification of allelic polymorphism, cloning and sequencing) in the study of genes responsible for biochemical and physiological processes that are involved in the determination of major phenotype properties of fruits.
Application of functional DNA markers in parental selection and selection of seedlings.
Fruit crops genetic resources.
Biological and pomological evaluation of fruit tree genotypes.
- Ministry of education, science and technological development of the Republic of Serbia
- TR–31064 – The creation and preservation of genetic resources of continental species of fruit trees (2011‒2015) – project leader.
- TR–20013A – Development and study of newly bred fruit genotypes, and introduction of modern biotechnologies of fruit growing and processing (2008‒2010) – researcher.
- TR–6882B ‒ Creation, selection and examination of fruit genotypes with better biological and production characteristics (2005–2007/08) – researcher.
- Ministry of agriculture and environmental protection of the Republic of Serbia
- Technical and technological models of intensive plantations of fruit trees and strengthening of human capacity aimed at improving fruit production in Serbia (2015) – researcher.
- Clonal selection of autochthonous plum (Prunus domestica L.) and sour cherry (Prunus cerasus L.) cultivars and examination of autochthonous apple cultivars (Malus domestica Borkh.) of good storage properties (2005−2006) – researcher.
- International projects
- The application of microbiological preparations for the purpose of reducing the damage induced by late spring frost in generative organs of fruits – bilateral project with Republic of Hungary (2010‒2011) – researcher.
- The origins of the domestic pear – Defra National Fruit Collection and East Malling Research, Great Britain (2006) – researcher.
- Self-compatibility of some apple cultivars – East Malling Research, Great Britain (2004 and 2006) – researcher.
- COST Action 863 – Euroberry research: from genomics to sustainable production, quality and health, WG4: Bioactive compounds of berry fruits affecting human health (2005–2008) – researcher
- Demonstration of new fruit varieties – Fruit Research Institute and DLV Agroconsult BV, Wageningen, under patronage of the Embassy of the Kingdom of Holland (2005–2007) – researcher.
East Malling Research (Horticulture Research International), East Malling, Great Britain (1997, 2000, 2004 and 2006).
Cornell University – Ithaca, New York Agricultural Experiment Station, Geneva, New York, USA (2003).
Scientific Pomological Society of Serbia.
The Serbian Genetic Society.
International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS).
Member of the Scientific council of the Fruit Research Institute, Čačak (2009–2018).
President of the Scientific Council of the Fruit Research Institute, Čačak (2011–2014; 2015–2018).
Member of the Managing Board of the Fruit Research Institute, Čačak (December 2009/2011–2014).
Member of the Program board of the 3rd Balkan Symposium on Fruit Growing (2015).
Member of the Program board of the 14th Serbian Congress of Fruit and Grapevine Producers with international participation (2012).
Member of the Program board of the 4th Symposium of Section of breeding of organisms of the Serbian Genetic Society (2011).
Reviewer u Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology A and Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology B.
Secretary of the Organizational board of the 2nd Symposium on Plum of Serbia with international participation (2011).
Technical editor of the “Program and book of abstracts of the 2nd Symposium on Plum of Serbia with international participation” (2011).
- Marić S., Radičević S., Lukić M., Cerović R., Paunović S.A. (2017): Determination of S-genotype in apple and sweet cherry cultivars released at Fruit Research Institute, Čačak. Genetika, 49, 1: 127‒138.
- Marić S. (2016): Molecular cloning and characterization of allele d ‒ a newly identified allele of the 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate oxidase 1 (ACO1) gene in apple. Horticultural Science, 43, 2: 100‒104.
- Radičević S., Marić S., Cerović R. (2015): S-allele constitution and flowering time synchronization – preconditions for effective fertilization in sweet cherry (Prunus avium L.) orchards. Romanian Biotechnological Letters, 20, 6: 10997‒11006.
- Marić S., Radičević S., Cerović R., Vranić D. (2015): Determinacija S-alelne konstitucije nekih sorti trešnje (Prunus avium L.). Voćarstvo, 49, 189/190, 43‒48.
- Marić S., Lukić M. (2014): Allelic polymorphism and inheritance of MdACS1 and MdACO1 genes in apple (Malus × domestica Borkh.). Plant Breeding, 133, 1: 108–114.
- Marić S., Lukić M. (2013): Determinacija S-genotipa i ACS1-genotipa sejanaca jabuke stvorenih u Institutu za voćarstvo – Čačak. Voćarstvo, 47, 183/184: 79–86.
- Marić S., Lukić M. (2013): Determination of ETR1 genotypes in promising apple selections developed at Fruit Research Institute – Čačak. Genetika, 45, 1: 189–196.
- Marić S., Lukić M., Cerović R., Mitrović M., Bošković R. (2010): Application of molecular markers in apple breeding. Genetika, 42, 2: 359–375.
- Marić S., Lukić M., Bošković R. (2009): The polymorphism of the genes involved in ethylene biosynthesis and perception in apple. Proceedings of First International Symposium on Biotechnology of Fruit Species, Dresden (Federal Republic of Germany), Acta Horticulturae, 839: 441–448.27.
- Fernández–Fernández F., Evans K.M., Clarke J.B., Govan C.L., James C.M., Marić S., Tobutt K.R. (2008): Development of an STS map of an interspecific progeny of Malus. Tree Genetics & Genomes, 4, 3: 469–479.
- Marić S., Bošković R., Lukić M. (2007): The polymorphism of ETR1 gene in autochthonous apple cultivars. Genetika, 39, 3: 387–394.
- Мitrоvić О., Zlаtkоvić B., Kаndić М., Gаvrilоvić-Dаmnjаnоvić Ј., Pоpоvić B., Мilinkоvić V. (2009): Теhnоlоškе kаrаktеristikе plоdа nеkih nоvih sоrti šlјivе zа sušеnjе. Vоćаrstvо, 43, 167/168: 101–106.
- Juranic Z., Zizak Z., Tasic S., Petrovic S., Nidzovic S. (Marić S.), Leposavic A., Stanojkovic T. (2005): Antiproliferative action of water extracts of seeds or pulp of five different raspberry cultivars. Food Chemistry, 93: 39–45.154–161.
- Marić S., Bošković R., Tešović Ž., Lukić M. (2005): Genetical polymorphism of ACC synthase and ACC oxidase in apple selections bred in Čačak. Genetika, 37, 3: 225–235.