DEPARTMENT FOR FRUIT PROTECTION AND CERTIFICATION OF PLANTING MATERIAL
Head of the department
Dr. Darko Jevremović
- Dr. Aleksandar Leposavić
- Dr. Bojana Vasilijević
- Vera Katanić, MA
Scientific research activities
- Study of the presence and geographical distribution of the fruit trees viruses
- Examination of the structure and population dynamics of predominant fruit viruses;
- Studying the epidemiology of viruses and developing pathogen control strategies;
- Characterization and control of viral diseases of small fruits;
- Molecular characterization of mycoses of fruit and other plants;
- Improvement of existing and introduction of new molecular methods for detection of fruit and other plant pathogens;
- Risk management in the production of fruit planting material;
- Creation and maintenance of original, pre-basic and basic planting material of fruit trees;
- Clonal selection and certification of planting material of plums, cherries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and currants.
Associates of the department perform analysis of plant material of fruit trees and grapevine using serological (ELISA) and molecular methods (RT-PCR, IC-RT-PCR, PCR, nested-PCR and Real-time PCR) on the presence of the following pathogens:
apple stem pitting virus, apple stem grooving virus, apple chlorotic ringspot virus, apple mosaic virus, plum pox virus, prune dwarf virus, prunus necrotic ringspot virus, plum bark necrosis stem pitting associated virus, myrobalan latent ringspot virus, cherry green ring mottle virus, cherry mottle virus, cherry leaf roll virus, tomato ringspot virus, tomato black ring virus, strawberry latent ringspot virus, strawberry mild yellow edge virus, raspberry bushy dwarf virus, raspberry ringspot virus, raspberry leaf blotch emaravirus, raspberry mottle virus, raspberry latent virus, raspberry vein chlorosis virus, raspberry yellow net virus, black raspberry necrosis virus, blueberry leaf mottle virus, blueberry scorch virus, blueberry shock virus, blueberry shoestring virus, blueberry red ringspot virus, blueberry mosaic-associated virus, blueberry latent virus, peach rosette mosaic virus, arabis mosaic virus, cucumber mosaic virus, fig mosaic virus, persimmon cryptic virus; grapevine fanleaf virus, grapevine fleck virus, grapevine leafroll associated virus 1, grapevine leafroll associated virus 3, grapevine leafroll associated virus 6, grapevine leafroll associated virus 7, grapevine virus A, grapevine virus B.
Apple scar skin viroid, Apple dimple fruit viroid, Pear blister canker viroid, Peach latent mosaic viroid.
‘Candidatus Phytoplasma mali’, ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma pyri’, ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma prunorum’, Hazelnut maculatura lineare phytoplasma, ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma rubi’, Grapevine flavescence dorée phytoplasma, Stolbur.